Posts Tagged Movies
Thanks to Lisa for this one…
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb (or Wikiquote or, heck, the movie) and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it correctly and the name of the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb/Wikiquote search functions.
Pretty sure I got some good ones in here….
1. Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet.
2. Don’t you laugh at me. Now, I will not sit back and watch my only son become a cock-sucker.
3. Now you’re being rude, and I hate rude people.
4. Better get under cover, Sylvester. There’s a storm blowin’ up, a whopper. Just speakin’ the vernacular of the peasantry.
5. What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?
6. Look at me. Please, look at me. I’ll wait for you. However long it takes. I’ll wait for you forever.
7. Chicks love that romantic crap.
8. There’s something out there waiting for us, and it ain’t no man. We’re all gonna die.
9. Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let… lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.
10. You know, Mr. Bernstein, if I hadn’t been very rich, I might have been a really great man.
11. How ’bout a ride, mister?
12. Eeewww, disgusting! You mean… *fluid transfer*?
13. We better keep an eye on this one. She’s tricky
14. Gladiators don’t make friends. If we’re ever matched in the arena together, I have to kill you
15. But when you get there tell my wife that two years in prison camp is roughly equivalent to four years of marriage and I’m glad to be free of them both.
But if you don’t want to try to figure them out and want to see the answers, you can find them here. There is a PASSWORD on it, but if you are sly you might just figure it out…
wicked messed up movie… but good…. been watching it on Showtime late night while waiting for my laundry to be done here in the hotel….
laundry is all done… I was so twisted up over the weekend and Monday I had to pack a suitcase of almost all dirty clothes for my trip this week… insanity!!
3 day weekend to catch up this weekend though… that is my goal…
So I broke down and bought myself a Slingbox…
If you know what they are, they are pretty damn cool, if you do not, well here comes the techie explanation.
It is a small component that I have plugged in at home, it connects to my cable line, and then has a network cord that connects to my router for internet access.
Now, anytime I have an internet connection, I can turn on the Slingbox software, and it will connect me to the slingbox sitting at my house and I can watch tv on my laptop using that cable connection. Neat huh? So now, while I am stuck at the airport, I can watch tv, any channel I have at home, I can flip through and watch.
The key thing and first reason for buying this device is for Red Sox games. Since I am traveling all of the time I miss an absolute ton of games since they are either not nationally televised or I am in an area that has no NESN service, not to mention missing out on the day games because I am at work.
NO LONGER A PROBLEM!
Kinda funny video by a kid at Bentley…
While it may have been midnight when I rolled into the Holiday Inn here in the lube state, I turned on the television for background noise while I set the room up and was going to head to be since I needed to be up in 7 hours to get ready for work….
but the channel was not on that generic auto-reset station shilling the pay movies for the hotel… it was on something else… I actually have no idea what the actual station is, but it has one of those movies… you know the ones… you stumble across them all the time while skimming through the stations and they take hold of you and they have some mystical ability to draw you in and make you watch it no matter what the situation… you may own the movie on DVD and it is sitting on a shelf 15 feet away, but you sit and watch it on TV anyway… you sit through the commercials and the edited out words and any other inappropriate things… and you watch… religiously every time… not sure why since you know the movie inside and out… every line… every scene… the ending… and everything…
Tonight it was “The Natural”, but another movie that does it to me is the Shawshank Redemption, as well as Scent of a Woman, Happy Gilmore, Evolution and a couple others that I cannot remember off the top of my head… What is it about these movies? I have no idea.. but I wish I knew….
I never heard much about this other than an ad here or there when it came out, and it probably is more of a DVD movie than a theater movie anyway, but I do have to say, I really like it. I have seen it 3 times in the past couple weeks cuz it is the featured movie on my flights, but I really do enjoy it, and I even figured out the plot twist long long long before it even became evident that it was going to be the plot twist, and even though I have seen it 3 times, I still get that thick throat slightly choked up feeling at the same points, just like I did the first time even though I had it all figured out.